[dba-Tech] Excel for the web new sharing feature not workng for me

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 18:18:41 CDT 2022

Excel for the web has a new sharing feature that lets you select a range,
right-click it, mark it to share, and then you choose from a set of options.
You can then send a link to the "selected" area and the recipient can
view/edit only the selected range.

Gary and Donna both tested this for me earlier today and it doesn't work as
I expected - they were both able to change everything in the file, not just
the selected area that I "flagged."

Has anyone else tried this new feature? I either misunderstand how it works
or I'm missing a step somewhere.

Thanks!

Susan H.