[dba-Tech] Excel

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin2 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 21:53:29 CDT 2022

The default was 2010 before the install. Since the default for Access and
word was still 2010 I assumed it was the same for excel.

So now I Iook at the defaults, and I see that the default for excel is
2021, where the default for Access and Word is 2010. When I double-click a
word or Access file it opens in 2010. Ok. When I double-click the XL file,
it opens in 2010 but doesn't load the file.

When in the 'Choose default apps by file type screen, I'm not given the
choice of Excel 2010, only 2021.

When I look at the key you put in your email it reads

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE" "%1"

I changed it to

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office14\EXCEL.EXE" "%1"

but it didn't make any difference.

WTF?