[dba-Tech] Google One VPN

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Apr 23 16:32:49 CDT 2023

One of the key elements of VPN is that it passes your traffic through an intermediate server
so the destination sees the IP address of the intermediate VPN as the origin, not your own
public address.  Brian's reply gives a common use case.;

Which is why "what is my IP"  services will report the VPN server's address as your IP
address.

So if you try one of those sites with it on , you will see a different address to one of youf ISP's
addresses, which you see  when  it is off.