[dba-Tech] Using Old Ofice versions?

John Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Fri Feb 17 19:12:00 CST 2023

They're going to find some oldies on my client sites. Just from the top of my head I can think of a number of machines I can't install 64 bit Office on because of conflicts with older Access apps. I'm sure they could all be upgraded without much trouble if they had the desire and the willingness to pay one of you to do it.

Like QuickBooks desktop apps the vendors are just setting up cloud servers to run these and charging way more than it would've cost had they just updated the apps.
I've seen some interesting issues come up because of this but luckily I can just say "you'll have to call THEIR tech support" because I no longer have access to the system. Life gets easier sometimes, lol.

John B