[dba-Tech] Are there any SharePoint Power Automate experts here?

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 16:27:35 CST 2023

For the life of me, I can't make this work.

I have two lists in SharePoint: Sales (many) and Commissions (one).

The flow is triggered when any item in Sales is modified.

The query compares the EmployeeID value in both lists. EmployeeID eq
'@{triggerOutputs()?['body/EmployeeID']}' - where the latter is dynamic.

The later condition finds record where EmployeeID doesn't exist in
Commissions (it's supposed to anyway). I think this may be my problem. I've
tried several strings and the Yes condition (later in the flow) is always
empty - and that's where the test fails.

When there's no matching EmployeeID in Commissions, add that EmployeeID to
Commissions.

When there is a matching EmployeeID in Commissions, terminate.

PA Flow keeps trying to add a For Each, which I don't believe is necessary
as the trigger should work with an individual record in Sales.

I've researched and written until I'm blue in the face. Every test says
there's no "No Input" so I'm sure the problem is in the condition settings,
I just can't find the right settings.

The conditions would be - the state of the EmployeeID eq 'EmployeeID' -
where the latter is dynamic and here's the output - when it's false, I need
to add EmployeeID to the Commissions table.

I'm ramblingnow - sorry!

Susan H.