[dba-VB] Saving Data within a VB exe

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 5 19:10:46 CST 2003

Hi Tom:

The simple answer is NO. But yes it can be done but I have never tried with
a compiled executable. Before the compile you would have to create a
constant variable, with contents of a particular of a non repeating nature.
i.e.. "0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz". After the application is
compiled, use an assembler to locate that sequence, record its' offset
pointer and then you should be able to binary write to that position in the
executable...Did something like that many years ago but have not tried it
recently.

A better method would be to write the specific data into the registry. It
can even be encoded if you like.

HTH
Jim