[dba-VB] Multiple Step Operation Generatted Errors

Gary Ray gray at utah.gov
Wed Dec 10 08:23:51 CST 2003

In my experience this error typically occurs when you are trying to add data to a recordset that is to large for the designated field.  I would first check the size of any character fields and see if the data you are sending to it is too large.

I am sure there are other reasons for this error, but this is the one I have seen the most.

Gary Ray - Application Developer
Workforce Information Systems R & D
E-Mail gray at utah.gov

>>> martyconnelly at shaw.ca 12/09/03 11:40PM >>>
You might check what version of Jet you are using; check properties
msjet40.dll for version no.
then go to
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/fileversion/dllinfo.asp&fp=1
and fill in the blanks. to find out jet release number from dll version
number
Should be using Jet version 7 or 8 depending on OS
Just a guess

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.