[dba-VB] [AccessD] Send Email Automatically VB6

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Fri Jul 4 04:17:56 CDT 2003

To all,

First things first, the FE is VB6 the BE is SQL Server 7.0, using Windows XP Professional with Outlook as my default Email.

I have a table of users on which contains Username, Password, AccessLevel, JobTitle_Or_Department.  What I need to do is on certain sections of my application is run down the list of users and based on their job title or department, add them to the TO section of the email, then add any IT Developer (Job Title) to the CC section of the email.  I also need in some cases to be able to add an attachment to the email.

What is the best way to go about this, I was going to use MAPI but just wondered if anyone out there knew a better way.

Thanks in advance.

Paul