[dba-VB] [AccessD] VB6 Help - Command Objects within the Data Environment

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Tue Jun 17 03:02:51 CDT 2003

To all,

I have a DataEnvironment (DEEmploy), which has a command tblEmps which uses a
SQL Statement to get all the records from tblEmps like so :

SELECT * FROM tblEmps

Now I have reached a point where I only want to bring one employee back from
the back-end, so what I need to know is can I build a SQL statement on the fly
(something like (SELECT TOP 1 * FROM tblEmps) or (SELECT * FROM tblEmps WHERE
(Criteria)) ) and assign that select statement to the Command object tblEmps so
that it only returns employees that meet the criteria thats been built on the
fly....

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul