[dba-VB] Active Reports for Visual Basic 6

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Fri Mar 14 03:42:12 CST 2003

To all,

Has anyone had any experience with Active Reports v2.0 for Visual Basic, if so I wondered if someone could help me with somthing (bearing in mind I only started using it yesterday).  I have built a report using the ADO connector and I need it to buils the recordset on the fly. So I am trying to use the following method.....

repPersonnelByOffice.dcRptData.Recordset = "SELECT * FROM [tblPersonnel] WHERE [FinishDate] Is Null ORDER BY [Office], [Surname]"

But I get the error Type Mismatch and the whole line gets highlighted when I click debug.  Now I can't see anything wrong with this, can anyone point out my mistakes please.......

Thanks in advance.

Paul Hartland

Freeserve AnyTime - Go online whenever you want for just £6.99 a month for
your first 3 months, that's HALF PRICE! And then it's just £14.99 a month
after that.

For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on
0800 970 8890