[dba-VB] Move from Windows NT to XP

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Thu Mar 20 05:31:52 CST 2003

To all,

I have a VB6 FE connected to a SQL Server 7.0 BE, on the employee records when someone changes a payroll number myself and the HR Department would receive an email stating the changes.  Under Windows NT the email got sent automatically without a problem, BUT we have just gone to Windows XP and before it sends an email the following happens :

1.  The user gets asked for his/her Outlook profile name.
2.  The user receive's a message saying a program is automatically trying to send an email, and asks for confirmation that Outlook should send the email....

Has anyone else come across this ?.  If so, is there anyway around this problem as sometimes it will ask me to confirm the email to each individual recipient (sometimes upto 15 people), and this can be very irritating....

Thanks for any help in advance......

Paul Hartland

Freeserve AnyTime - Go online whenever you want for just £6.99 a month for
your first 3 months, that's HALF PRICE! And then it's just £14.99 a month
after that.

For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on
0800 970 8890