[dba-VB] Class Tips

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 28 04:50:48 CST 2003

On 28 Mar 2003 at 0:29, Francisco Tapia wrote:

> I have a class and want to give each property some additional methods
> such as the Oldvalue property, am I thinking this right? or will I
> need to build it another way for example, todo the following my class
> has this:
>
> CC.CCID = 1234
> Private mvarCCID As Long
> Public Property Let CCID(ByVal vData As Long)
>     mvarCCID = vData
> End Property
>
> I should be able to figure out how to do this but I have not found any
> good tutorials on the web Debug.print CC.CCID.OldValue
>
> How would I do the above?

I think you will need to create a CCID class with a Value and
OldValue properties.

Then in your CC Class, CCID would return the pointer to your new
CCID class and if you have set Value as the Default property, you
should still be able to just use Debug.Print CC.CCID to get the
value of CCID.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.