[dba-VB] Class Tips

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Fri Mar 28 09:19:08 CST 2003

THe only way that I know of to have a current value and an OldValue for a property is to create a separate class that holds the Properties value and old value.

SO for each property you wanted to hold the value and OldValue for tou would need speateate classes.

The sample has been sent off line.

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

>>> my.lists at verizon.net 28-Mar-03 10:11:28 AM >>>
Thanks Bryan,

Please do send me that example so I can see what you mean.. :)

I was placing all the property attributes of a CC into a class named
clsCustomerConcern and then just populate them at form load time (unbound
form).  so the load event would have the following ID's set

CC.CCID = 1234
CC.AssignedID = {Some Guid}
CC.Notes = "The customer wants some brochures"

but then I'd like to also call an OldValue to each of these properties, I
suppose it's just not possible right?  I know I can do it all with a
disconnected ADO recordset where each field has an OldValue, but then that's
not as fun as whacking my head on my desk ;o)