[dba-VB] OT: Creating a new asp project in .net

Larry Woods larry at lwoods.com
Wed May 7 08:32:53 CDT 2003

John,

These suggestions may not help but...

First, ASP.NET assumes that a user "ASPNET" has permissions for the
folders that you are accessing.  Check ACL permissions.  Secondly, your
site has to be defined as an "IIS Application".  Verify this through IIS
(right click virtual directory; Directory tab;Application Settings='some
applcation name').

HTH,

Larry Woods
L.woods, inc.

\\C2DbServer\D2DbWeb\ does not exist or you do not have access to it."

It in fact does exist.  One of the docs says that the administrator and
the system have to have full permissions on that dir, so I specifically
went in and set it up such that they did.  Still no joy.

If anyone has done this before, can you pipe up and tell me what I may
be doing wrong.  Again, I want to create an ASP project, using Visual
Studio .net running on my development machine, with the project located
in a directory on my server, and controlled by IIS running on my server.

Thanks,

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com