[dba-VB] [AccessD] Getting Field Type From ADO Control

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Thu Sep 11 05:40:23 CDT 2003

To all,
I have a field selection box in a find form that I have created myself, but what I need to know is what datatype the field is that the user selects.
Has anyone ever done this and can tell me how....I tried the following line of code which runs through all the fields but it returns a number......
MsgBox frmPersonnel.ADOPersonnel.Recordset.Fields(fldCounter).Type
Anyone have any ideas ?
Thanks in advance for any help received.......
Paul Hartland
Database Designer/Programmer