[dba-VB] Making A Phone Call From A Visual Basic Application

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Tue Feb 24 07:06:50 CST 2004

To all,

We are operating a windows 2000 network with windows XP desktops and as per usual we connect to the internet through our network.  I’m trying to look a bit further into the future of our internal application, we have a Visual Basic FE connected to a SQL Server 7.0 BE.  On this we have personnel and client data, what I want to be able to do is have a button next to the phone number so that when the user clicks it, it dials the number for them.  I don’t think I can get into our phone network, but is there a way I can connect a headset to the PC and dial the number through our internet connection ?

I hope I’ve explained what I want to do clearly enough, any help, pointers in the right direction etc will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Hartland
Freeserve AnyTime - HALF PRICE for the first 3 months - Save £7.50 a month
www.freeserve.com/anytime