[dba-VB] Changing Application Icon in Title Bar and Task Bar

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sat Feb 14 13:35:18 CST 2004

Dear List Members
As the title says I am having great difficulty getting a 'little' icon to change in the application title and task bar depending on the state of the app.
It works fine in VB5, but when run as the exe it gets a black halo around, on first and subsequent change. (!) The behaviour may vary in W2K and XP.  The icons being used a have transparent backgrounds.  I have tried 16 bit and 256Bit colours as there was a suggestion NT series OS only cope with 256 colour icons properly.
Any suggestions or experience with this would be welcomed!
Regards
David