[dba-VB] Common Dialogue to Open Files-Search

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Fri Jul 29 14:40:02 CDT 2005

 API: Call the standard Windows File Open/Save dialog box
 http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm

Or you can use Application.FileDialog in Access XP and higher
and do multisect, open or save, however fails with runtimes.

Sub test()
'needs reference to MS Office Object library
' No go with Runtime
Dim dlgOpen As Object 'FileDialog

Set dlgOpen = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogOpen)

With dlgOpen
    .InitialFileName = "C:\"
    .Show
End With
'or
Dim strfile As String, fdObj As FileDialog
    Set fdObj = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker)
    If fdObj.Show = -1 Then
        MsgBox fdObj.SelectedItems(1)
    Else
        MsgBox "You didn't select a file!"