[dba-VB] C#?

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Mon May 15 20:11:49 CDT 2006

I agree.
Doing very 'basic' code is ok.  What I noticed the most is case
sensitivity,
curly brackets{}, enums as parameters (no list).  The biggest problem in
doing .net well is not the languages so much as learning the frameworks
and coming to grips with designing in an OO way IMO.

If you want to see whats involved in building a 'best practice' data
layer
without too much work (hehe) sign up for the 30 day trial of codesmith
www.codesmithtools.com , then grab the www.nettiers.com NetTiers
template
and give it a run over a small database.

I've been writing C# for a couple of weeks, I suspect that a C# guru
would
know immediately I came from a VB background ;-)))  I know I will get
there though,
its not THAT hard, just different.  I'm also trying to come to grips
with the
ArcView object model and believe me that is no fun at all......

cheers

Michael M