[dba-VB] Listing distinct values in field

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Dec 3 12:22:01 CST 2007

In my client's business he needs a "data dictionary" kind of thing which
essentially tells him the valid values in any given field (for WHERE clause
purposes).  I receive CSV and fixed width files which I import into SQL
Server.  I need to give him a list of the fields and the valid values in
each field (actual different data items).  I will be writing such a widget
if I can't find one already out there.

Does anyone have such a widget or know where to find one?

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting