[dba-VB] Launch and monitor external programs from .NET

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Thu Dec 20 20:27:15 CST 2007

Group,

I couldn't work out how this could be done so I am trying the group again.

I am using VB.net in Visual Studio 2005.  This is a web
application.  I have code that gets the path and name of a pdf file
located on a server.  What I want to do within the code is have a
file download box open which gives the user an option of opening or
saving the PDF file.

The Process class doesn't deem to help because it tries to open the
file on the web server (and not the user's).

My.Computer.Network.DownloadFile Method seems to require a
destination path and filename, but I don't want it to automatically be saved.

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand