[dba-VB] The first annual Great Smokey Mountains AccessD Conference

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Jun 18 00:27:56 CDT 2007

The first annual Great Smokey Mountains AccessD Conference will be happening
this coming Saturday at my house.

To get a map to my house, watch for Wrap of course:

http://maps.google.com/#utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-google-gm&utm
_medium=ha&utm_term=map

Type in 1723 Twin Pines Dr, Hudson, 28638.  You should get right there.  Of
course things are never as they seem.  There are really only two left turns
coming south on Horseshoe bend road, the second is my drive.  Just remember
that.

Hudson Weather.  It's looking like high 80s over the weekend.  I do have AC
so we will be comfortable inside.

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/28638

Anyone needing hotels:

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&
channel=s&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&um=1&q=hotels&near=Lenoir,+NC&fb=1&sa=X&o
i=local_group&resnum=4&ct=image

Alternately, down in Hickory:

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&
channel=s&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&um=1&q=hotels&near=Lenoir,+NC&fb=1&sa=X&o
i=local_group&resnum=4&ct=image

Food in Lenoir:

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&
channel=s&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&um=1&q=hotels&near=Lenoir,+NC&fb=1&sa=X&o
i=local_group&resnum=4&ct=image

Food in Hudson:

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&
channel=s&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&um=1&q=hotels&near=Lenoir,+NC&fb=1&sa=X&o
i=local_group&resnum=4&ct=image

Strangely enough (or perhaps not?), a search for "night clubs" in Lenoir, nc
turned up nothing, but did show stuff down in Hickory, just south of us.  I
must admit I have not been to a night club since we moved here so I will not
be much help there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&
channel=s&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&um=1&q=hotels&near=Lenoir,+NC&fb=1&sa=X&o
i=local_group&resnum=4&ct=image

Churches (lots of Baptists down here).  You will always be welcome at my
church, #B - Hudson United Methodist.  I do have enough credit at this point
that I can skip if the conference is still going on.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&
channel=s&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&um=1&q=hotels&near=Lenoir,+NC&fb=1&sa=X&o
i=local_group&resnum=4&ct=image

General NC info:

http://www.visitnc.com/tools_search_results.asp

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&
channel=s&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&um=1&q=hotels&near=Lenoir,+NC&fb=1&sa=X&o
i=local_group&resnum=4&ct=image

The plan is to meet at my home on Saturday, and Sunday if there is anyone
still here.  Anyone coming in early (Friday evening / night) is welcome to
call me.  828-572-0120 is my business phone.

I will be doing a BBQ Saturday evening after the conference.  The usual
suspects - chicken / ribs / etc.  I am pretty good on the BBQ.

I am looking forward to seeing you guys, whoever shows up, so let's meet and
have a good time - no RSVP required, come on down.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting