[dba-VB] Checking for NULL and empty strings

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Thu May 24 19:58:46 CDT 2007

I tried these before, but they dont work when an empty string is passed:

    ' These two IsNull functions dont work when an empty string is passed,
so I used my own version above
    'Public Function IsNull2(ByVal strInput As String, ByVal strReplace As
String) As String
    '    If (strInput.Equals(System.DBNull.Value)) Then
    '        Return strReplace
    '    End If
    'End Function

    'Public Function IsNull3(ByVal strInput As String, ByVal strReplace As
String) As String
    '    If (IsDBNull(strInput)) Then
    '        Return strReplace
    '    End If