[dba-VB] Web Developer wanted VB Dot Net

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Thu Nov 1 12:10:52 CDT 2007

Group,

I have had one response to my previous message, but the company I am
working for would like a few options.  If anyone else is interested
please email me off line.

I have an access program that has been converted to a Web site
written using Visual Studio 2003 and VB.Net.  The conversion was done
by another developer as a favour for the company that owns the software.

We are now looking for a web developer that can do the following:

1) Continue to maintain the web version.  This should be basic
maintenance of the screens.  The database is SQL2000 and I can
maintain this.  The reports are developed using DataDynamics Active
Report.  I can also maintain these.  What I can't do is the actual
web site maintenance.  Medium term we would be looking to upgrade
this to Visual Studio 2005.

2) The company has another project that they want converted from a
desk top version to the web.  This project would involve interaction
with the developer of the desk top version - he is also not familiar
with web development.  This would be a major project.

3) There would be other web projects that would come up as
well.  Based on my previous experience with this company, there would
be ongoing work required on a regular basis.

The company that we would be working for is based in
Chicago.  However, I have been developing for them for over 10 years
and I am in NZ.

If you are interested in more information please email me off line
with a phone number and a suitable time to call (preferably your
afternoon if you are in America due to the time difference)

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand