[dba-VB] Open PDF file

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Mon Nov 26 11:27:25 CST 2007

Thanks all for the responses - I will start looking at them today.

Sorry about the confusion - The users open the PDF files on their own
computers, not the server.

James, to answer your question below, another developer has written
the web pages (as part of a larger application) which take a list of
records from a table and produces a page which has all the reports
available with check boxes beside them.  Most of the reports are
created from Active Reports (a report add on to Dot Net - it has a
very similar graphic interface for developing to Access).  When the
user has selected the reports they want then a list of ID's is sent
to my web application which loops through the ID's, gets the report
details (file location, type etc) and merges them together into one
PDF for the users to save etc (the Active Report report files can be
merged together and exported as PDF's).  Because several reports are
merged  together (and this depends on the user selection) hyperlinks
would not work in this case.

However, some "reports" are already PDF's and they would be opened as
separate files (not merged in with the other reports).  These are the
ones I am wanting to show in a different browser window.

Regards

David