[dba-VB] Using the ASP.NET 2.0 membership, roles etc. providers in .NET console and WinForms applicatons...

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Thu Oct 25 14:44:40 CDT 2007

Hi All,

Did anybody use the subject feature?

If not here is the good news:

<<<
Using the ASP.NET membership provider in a Windows forms application
http://www.theproblemsolver.nl/usingthemembershipproviderinwinforms.htm

But even better news is that one can use <system.web> section in app.config
file to define ASP.NET membership, roles (etc.? I did test the first tow
only because I need them currently) providers by thus having a centralized
(MS SQL) store to keep applications' membership, roles etc. "standard
asp.net way" and to use them in all .NET based not only asp.net
applications...

I didn't find any article describing this useful feature - did you?

Thanks.