[dba-VB] VS Printer dialogue error

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Oct 30 10:46:49 CDT 2007

Hi Charlotte

I did check that - perhaps the app requested a specific printer to be installed?

But you gave me an idea. Suddenly I recalled the fabulous old util from SysInternals:

  File Monitor for Windows NT/9x v4.34

Once loaded, I ran the app to pop the error and, voila, this line (wrapped here) showed up:

  16:30:01
  VRS_v2.0.exe:1932
  IRP_MJ_CREATE
  C:\Programmer\VRS\prconnect.bmp
  FILE NOT FOUND
  Attributes: Any Options: Open

Then I located the bmp file, copied it to the VRS folder and ran the app with no errors!

Thanks Charlotte and SysInternals (now bought by the all mighty you know who).

/gustav

>>> cfoust at infostatsystems.com 30-10-2007 16:23 >>>
Just a SWAG, but given the "Parameter is invalid" message, I wonder if
the mapping to the printer is different for those client machines.
Assuming this is one or more network printers, that is.  If the printers
are local, no ideas.

Charlotte Foust