[dba-VB] Subversion, TortoiseSVN and VisualSVN

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Apr 25 11:31:25 CDT 2008

OK, I have been badgered and goaded into coming into the 21st century.
Not to mention I can't figure out how to safely and effectively share
development of my .Net programs on all of my machines.

So I am trying to get Subversion installed and functioning.  So of
course I come here seeking advice or to start a user group (goad and
prod you guys) if no one is using this thing.

I installed VisualSVN and it told me I had to install TortoiseSVN to get
full functionality.  It implied that it would install Subversion as
well.  The install did not ask any "install" questions such as where do
you want the database to go etc.

My intention is to place the Subversion database on one of my servers,
share the directory, then place the various clients (TortoiseSVN and
VisualSVN on each machine which I develop on.

So my first question, is anyone out there using this thing?  Is anyone
interested in using this and sharing the pain of figuring it out?