[dba-VB] No flat ComboBox in .Net??

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Apr 28 01:52:21 CDT 2008

Hi all

What happened? How have I been fooling around with covered eyes?

If I select Flat for property FlatStyle the ComboBox changes to ... a flat design. No visible borders.

Only issue is that the invisible borders of the ComboBox appears to be as wide as if the ComboBox has 3D-style, thus leaving a larger total area than an equivalent TextBox with identical font settings. If I force the size of the ComboBox to be lower, it won't display the content (not very useful).

/gustav

>>> Gustav at cactus.dk 23-04-2008 08:26 >>>
Hi Charlotte

OK, thanks. Looks like I have to accept the facts.

If no other ideas for Visual Studio 2011, this is one.

/gustav

>>> cfoust at infostatsystems.com 23-04-2008 00:55 >>>
We use 3rd party controls where one of the properties of a combobox is
"UseFlatMode".  Since these are usercontrols built on the winforms base,
there has to be a way to do it, but I've never felt compelled to
reinvent that wheel.  If we want to get fancy with a cell in a grid, we
assign a combobox as the control editor for that column and then set the
properties of the combobox which passes them on to the cell.

Charlotte Foust