[dba-VB] Book Recommendation? (Cross-Posted VB + Access)

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Wed Aug 6 13:50:47 CDT 2008

Hi Dan,

I have found Murach's Visual Basic 2008 to be a good intro.  I was at a Dot
Net Developers Group meeting last night and won a copy of Deborah Kurata's
"Doing Objects in Visual Basic 2005".  I just skimmed through it and I look
like a great resource for someone coming from a VB or VBA background.  I
have Deborah's "Doing Objects in VB6" which was a great book for VB
developers 10 years ago.  Her latest book is one version of Visual Studio
behind but the concepts have not changed.

As a side comment it is interesting to contrast the interest in Dot net
development and Access development.  I attend both user's groups meetings.
There is a lot of energy and interest by head hunters at the Dot net
meetings.  Our Access Users Group hasn't seen a head hunter for quite some
time.

Have fun.

Doug