[dba-VB] Dev PC OS

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Tue Aug 26 02:30:00 CDT 2008

Thanks all,

I'm installing Vista64 now.
If I run into problem I'll either run virtual XP or keep a machine
loaded with my legacy bits.

cheers

Michael M

I really only have a few projects in each type so certainly not
qualified to say no problem, but so far all the problems were because I
didn't know what I was doing. You do not need special versions for 64
bit. I haven't written any AX's so can't help you there but I have not
had any problems installing those provided by others.  If it was awhile
ago perhaps you were running into permission issues. I do every thing
run as admin and everything seems to install ok.

I have done some testing in a  Vista 32 in a Virtual PC , mostly so I am
able to see what my friends an clients see with threes and that seems to
run fine as well, though It does not allow USB (except for the mouse and
perhaps
keyboard.)

Sorry I can't be of more help, but in my opinion Vista is not what
caused your problem, excluding the permissions thing.

Bill