[dba-VB] C#: When to Dispose

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu Aug 28 19:03:15 CDT 2008

That's the way I understand it.

Charlotte Foust

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-vb-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 12:42 AM
To: dba-vb at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [dba-VB] C#: When to Dispose

Hi Charlotte

That makes sense. So, for example, all the common stuff used by a form
is disposed automatically when the form is closed. And when I use the
e-mail components I can manually dispose those when done to free VS to
keep track of that.

/gustav

>>> cfoust at infostatsystems.com 26-08-2008 01:15 >>>
It was more important in earlier version of VS because the garbage
collection wasn't as good as the current versions.  If you do dispose an
object, make sure you aren't going to need it again in a minute, because
it's gone!

Charlotte Foust