[dba-VB] Copy tables

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Feb 5 11:02:16 CST 2008

Hi Stuart et al

No there is no GUI, just code.
I have some code like this. It add rows but will not save them to the database table:

                VrsSourceTableAdapters.DataTableKundeTableAdapter kundeAdapterS =
                    new VrsSourceTableAdapters.DataTableKundeTableAdapter();
                VrsSource.DataTableKundeDataTable kunderS;

                VrsTargetTableAdapters.DataTableKundeTableAdapter kundeAdapterT =
                    new VrsTargetTableAdapters.DataTableKundeTableAdapter();
                VrsTarget.DataTableKundeDataTable kunderT;

                kunderS = kundeAdapterS.GetDataVrsKunder();
                kunderT = kundeAdapterT.GetDataVrsKunder();

                foreach (VrsSource.DataTableKundeRow kundeRowS in kunderS)
                {
                    Console.WriteLine("Kunde: " + kundeRowS.navn + "");
                    Console.WriteLine("  Kundenr: " + kundeRowS.kundeNr + "");
                    // Mark row as modified.
                    kundeRowS.SetModified();
                    kunderT.ImportRow(kundeRowS);
                }

                Console.WriteLine("s: " + kunderS.Count.ToString());
                Console.WriteLine("t: " + kunderT.Count.ToString());

                kundeAdapterT.FillVrsKunder(kunderT);

Target table is residing in MSDE.
Count of s returns the count of records to add.
Count of t returns existing records + count of records to add.

What am I missing?

/gustav

>>> stuart at lexacorp.com.pg 05-02-2008 00:06:55 >>>
Do you mean have the user physically browse through the rows looking for specific records?

If that is the case, I would probably go with a DatagridView bound to the source data.
When the user selects a row (double click, highlight and click a button or whatever), read the
row data and feed it to a TableAdapter.Insert on the target table.