[dba-VB] Performance of .Net Code in SQL Server 2005

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Jan 25 13:37:45 CST 2008

Hi Shamil

Oh, and some severe limitations too. This method returns an SqlBoolean:

CREATE PROCEDURE failed because a CLR Procedure may only be defined on CLR methods that return either SqlInt32, System.Int32, void.

So ...

/gustav

>>> shamil at users.mns.ru 25-01-2008 17:23:10 >>>
Hello Gustav,

I'd use T-SQL CASE and built-in T-SQL functions: REVERSE and CHARINDEX and
SUBSTRING and/or I'd write UDFs using the listed above and other string
functions, which are many in T-SQL...

...I'd use .NET code for something more like business functionality or when
advanced parsing is needed etc. ...

Just my opinion...