[dba-VB] VB.Net 2005 copy a form

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jun 24 11:09:25 CDT 2008

Hi John

You can copy and paste the .cs file in the Solution Explorer pane. The copy will be renamed and you can rename that to what you want.

However, if you in the Properties pane later rename the copy of form to the new name, I've found that the refactoring mechanics will rename references to your form not only in the .Designer.cs file (correct) but also in the original .Designer.cs file (really nasty)! What do others do?

/gustav

>>> Johncliviger at aol.com 24-06-2008 17:21 >>>
Hi All

How do you copy a Form in VB.Net 2005?  I have a form with 100+  controls. I
need a very similar form and It seems a real drag to type that lot  again. Any
sugesstions?

TIA

johnc