[dba-VB] System not responding for seconds at a time

Eric Barro ebarro at verizon.net
Thu May 1 08:28:46 CDT 2008

John,

Try Process Explorer from SysInternals. It shows everything that's running
on your machine.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

And yes SQL server does in fact take up a lot of memory when shrinking
files. I would stop the sql server and the sql server agent using Services
in Control Panel->Admin Tools but make sure it is not writing to the disk
first.