[dba-VB] SQL Server timeouts

Doris Manning mikedorism at verizon.net
Sun May 4 08:07:01 CDT 2008

The culprit is probably a system database called "tempdb".  This database
gets reset each time you stop and restart SQL Server.  In my world, I had to
create a job to shrink it every hour in order to resolve this issue.

http://sqlserver2000.databases.aspfaq.com/why-is-tempdb-full-and-how-can-i-p
revent-this-from-happening.html

Doris Manning
Database Administrator