[dba-VB] Web Development - how to do that trick?

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Tue Nov 25 11:18:51 CST 2008

Thank you, Vlad,

But I do not plan to use Joomla as I'm an ASP.NET developer.

The question is how to do the subject trick with slides'/pictures' show (
http://www.jaureguiarchitect.com/index.php/portfolio/ ) using plain
JavaScript or better/quicker using one of the JavaScript Frameworks:

Mootools (used by Joomla?) => http://mootools.net/
Prototype => http://www.prototypejs.org/
JQuery     => http://jquery.com/
Junction   => http://code.google.com/p/trimpath/wiki/TrimJunction
DomAssutant => http://www.domassistant.com/

I will probably try to use JQuery to emulate the trick as JQuery seems to be
the most widely used one - here is a nice online sample of a calendare built
using JQuery:

http://geelake.com/usCalendar/

Then I nay try to add Prototype or switch to it or even to Junction if
Microsoft ASP.NET + MS AJAX will not he enough: they will very probably be
enough therefore JQuery will be used here just for some nice tricks
impressive and useful lightweight user-friendly tricks...