[dba-VB] OT?: Connecting to IIS/ASP.NET Web Site running on WinXP under VMWare...

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Oct 22 03:49:03 CDT 2008

Hi Shamil

Could it be that you have defined restricted IP address and/or domain access? That's the tab Directory Security of the web site properties.
Also, you could enable logging and perhaps watch what is going on.

/gustav

>>> shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru 22-10-2008 10:35 >>>
Hi All,

I have WinXP with IIS 5.1 running under WinXP, which in turn is running
under VMWare...

So far so good - all in working OK within this virtual WinXP system...

I see WinXP VM from outside/hosting Windows 2003 real system and another
networked real PC, and I do see shared folders from WinXP VM but I can't
manage to have ASP.Net application browsed from browser running on hosting
operating system...

WinXP VM's name is SIDNEY, and I can ping it OK, but whatever URL I'm trying
to access ASP.Net application from this VM - they all fail:

http://sidney/mySampleSite or
http://sidney:80/mySampleSite or
http://192.168.1.104/mySampleSite or
http://192.168.1.104/mySampleSite/default.aspx

etc.

Any hints, tips and tricks to get my VM's ASP.NET site working for outside
PCs would be greatly appreciated.