[dba-VB] VS2008: Report events

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Fri Sep 19 11:31:44 CDT 2008

Hi Gustav,

But in VS Professional and up you can design Crystal Reports (CR/Business
Objects) reports and distribute them with your .NET apps using free CR
runtime...

Well, built-in VS CR report designer is limited in its *design time*
features but for the rest it doesn't have any limitations - I mean all CR
controls and runtime features are available...

CR allows you to do many "tricks" unavailable in MS Access as e.g. "drill
down" live reports... (but with MS Access 2007 something like that "drill
down" reports are also possible to do? - I didn't try them but I've seen
many new events in MS Access 2007 Report object...)