[dba-VB] SCRUM: 27 controls' OnClick event

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Apr 3 05:17:43 CDT 2009

Hi Mike,

After you will run update have a look I have done some changes to your form to hanle the three controls' Click event by one event procedure:

in Customer_Phone_List_Load
            aLabel.Click += new EventHandler(letterLabel_Click);
            bLabel.Click += new EventHandler(letterLabel_Click);
            cLabel.Click += new EventHandler(letterLabel_Click);

        private void letterLabel_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Label label = (Label)sender;
            string filter = string.Format("Name LIKE '{0}*'", label.Tag);
            this.customerBindingSource.Filter = filter;
        }

I have put filter letter in control's Tag to use it in a generic click event event procedure to make a filter.

Please also note I have made some design changes by putting gridview into groupbox contaner, and I have also set Anchor property for some controls to "automagicaly" and smoothly handle form resize...

I'd also propose to change Label controls to button controls to enable Tab navigation as well as hot-keys (ALT+A, ALT+B, ...)...

As for some controls' styles - we haven't discuss it yet by the SCRUM team - this is proposal for all the next forms/reports we develop:

- use the same style for forms, reports, controls to have consistent look & feel

I'd propose now to discuss briefly and to define this common style - my proposal is to use default WinForm controls styles as in sample forms we have, and for reports use the same styles as are in ShippersReport.rdlc