[dba-VB] SCRUM: Check out

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sat Apr 4 15:06:14 CDT 2009

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your investigation.

The "Step 4 Locking and Updating Beautiful Solution" is what we have to use. And it shoudln't be that limiting if we will follow some discipline and good OOP&D principles. The latter will be needed when we will start doing a lot of coding and that should not happen in the near future I hope. Therefore we have enough time to get self-disciplined to use "lock - edit - commit" everytime we're going to change .csproj and .sln - and that happens when we add/delete folders/files from .csproj and .sln - IOW that's a very short period of time. And because we're working on different forms and reports we can lock them for longer time without limiting/getting standstill other team members. Good OOP&D principles applied, which result in small class files with very well targeted responsibilities as well as the .NET Framework feature of partial classes should allow our team members to have different source files locked when needed for relatively short period of time therefore "locking collisions" may happen but not too often I'd expect...

Here I'm with my weekend's optimistic point of view :)