[dba-VB] What OS for .Net dev

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Mon Aug 24 18:07:20 CDT 2009

You need to be sure whatever you build will install properly in Vista.
We ran into problems because we had always written to the Local Machine
in the registry.  Vista pretends to go along with that but it actually
writes to the current user, which can cause a lot of confusion when
licenses are applied.  We're trying to find a way to use an encrypted
file instead to handle licensing now.

Charlotte Foust