[dba-VB] Problem while publishing ADO.NET Data Service...

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Jun 5 06:00:59 CDT 2009

Hi Mark

I think it is. MS is pushing it for VS2010 and a CTP v1.5 is already out.
How to get these to interact is described here (haven't tried this myself though):

http://blogs.msdn.com/astoriateam/archive/2009/05/22/using-ado-net-data-services-v1-5-ctp1-with-visual-studio-2010-beta-1.aspx

I have seen nothing about performance differences.

/gustav

>>> marklbreen at gmail.com 05-06-2009 10:10 >>>

I am not clear yet about differences between Webservices and  ADO.NET Data
Service , but I expect if I spend some time to google and read, I can become
clear.

However, I  have one question, do you think that this archetectire is
without doubt the way we will all connect to our data sources in the future?
 How about performance, will it perform as good as current connections such
as ado and odbc over SQL Server Port?

thanks

Mark