[dba-VB] ReportViewer and report design

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Mar 2 08:29:09 CST 2009

Hi Shamil et al

Here (great site, bookmark that):

http://www.gotreportviewer.com/

it is stated that the ReportViewer is a separate download for the Express versions.
The 2008 version can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=CC96C246-61E5-4D9E-BB5F-416D75A1B9EF&displaylang=en

However, I'm not sure, if this allows for _design_ of reports in the Express versions.
According to this:

http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/adlaim/archive/2008/12/27/report-viewer-for-visual-web-developer-express.aspx

the Web edition does, and the report designer can be downloaded here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b67b9445-c206-4ff7-8716-a8129370fa1d&DisplayLang=en

but nothing is stated for the C# Express Developer for WinForms.

Could someone please check this out?

/gustav

>>> Gustav at cactus.dk 02-03-2009 08:40:26 >>>
Hi Shamil

They both do here on WinXP. Will try later at home where Vista is running but as I use the two machines quite a lot with VS and reports, I would be highly surprised if your sample would fail.

/gustav

>>> mcp2004 at mail.ru 02-03-2009 07:38 >>>

If VS2005 and VS2008 Standard Edition compile well the following sample solutions

http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/download/scrum/nwnet.zip (~400KB)

and allow to use .NET ReportViewer control in design mode they also qualify as development evnironment.