[dba-VB] Scrum & C# - VS versions we have

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 10:28:40 CST 2009

Shamil,  Generally the network errors may be due to the settings in your VM
for the nic card.  The settings are  to set the nic as Bridged,  NAT or
Host-Only.  Setting as Bridge makes the VM act like a standalone pc where
you can communicate from your host to the guest and the guest back to the
host as if each was it's own hardware pc.  Setting it as NAT, then you have
essentially a firewall on the guest pc and you can't reach it from the host
you can only go from guest to host.  Host-Only is a nice feature in that the
guest pc can only talk to the host.  The host pc will be able to work as
normal, and will also have access to the guest pc via the network.

my typical settings are to setup vm workstations as bridged.

btw, I was reading through this thread and while I am not familiar enough
with C# I'd like to observe the project as I know I'd learn a great deal
from it.

I do have VS2008 std.

-Francisco