[dba-VB] Re SCRUM Project Backlog

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Wed Mar 4 16:45:06 CST 2009

Hi SCRUM team at all,

Below is the list of forms and reports to develop in Winforms application.
I didn't post the list of Data Access Pages - let's do not develop their winforms or ReportViewer control reports equivalents in this project?
The subforms/subreports will very probably go togther with their parent form/report as grids/tables.

The below list is so called Product Backlog - teh set of objects/functionality customer/ProductOwner wanted to get developed.

According to SCRUM/agile and just common sense practices we have to evaluate the "weight" of every entry in the project backlog. This "weight" evaluation will be "just" estimation of relative complexity this or that backlog entry has - and this evaluation/estimation can be expressed in any measuring units kilograms, litres, kilometres, qty of bananas which could be eaten while developing this or that form or report etc.
But for customers/ProductOwners will/should be clear that "heavier" entry will usually be more costly and will usually be developed in longer period of time than the other "ligher" ones...

This evaluatiuon/estimation "game" is known in SCRUM as "PLanning Poker Game", and it shows to be effective and useful "game".

Please read this short article on "Planning poker game" and related issues:

http://www.crisp.se/planningpoker

We have to find a way to "play" this game several times (up to three usually) until we get the common "compromise" view on the "weight" of Product Backlog Entries.

Please note that the first evaluation of "weight" shoudl be as independent as possible.

Let's fist talk how we can ogranize this "planning game being" separated by time and space?
Please do not post any evaluations/estimations here  but please correct the below BackLog if you see some issues with it.

N.B. Usually nor SCRUM team nor SCRUMMaster do not participate in preparing/prioritizing of ProductBacklog - the latter is the sole responsibility of ProductOwner....

P.S. Product Backlog

Forms
====

1. Categories