[dba-VB] [AccessD] SCRUM: Northwind .NET Product BackLogPlanning Game...

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Mar 19 01:50:58 CDT 2009

Hi Shamil

This is fine for me.

The reason for my high estimates is that I probably spend more time on design as sloppy design for most clients and users indicates a sloppy application. Also, I've found that even when a task seems to be fast to get finished, you (I) often spend some time on evaluation of alternative methods - as Charlotte has mentioned multiple times, you often find that a task can be done in multiple ways. For this project where design is bound I may, however, have been too pessimistic.

/gustav

>>> Salakhetdinov Shamil <mcp2004 at mail.ru> 18-03-2009 20:36 >>>
Hi SCRUM Team members,

I have got estimations from Doug and I have made combined workbook with all estimatiions, which I have got published here on MS Live dba-VB:

https://cid-000971dc34dc18c0.groups.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Documents/NorthWind.NET/ProductBackLog?uc=1&isFromRichUpload=1

Is it available for everybody? (please get MS Live ID if you still do not have it and make a request to join MS Live dba-VB)

In the above workbook you can find that there is an AVG value of all estimations and manually corrected AVG value to fit the SCRUM evaluation numbers set: 0, 1/2, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 20, ???

The total number of ideal hours we have now is 86, which fits our original plan of 20x5 = 100 hours.
Please check my arithmetics and correct if there are some mistakes.

If everybody feels OK with that evaluation we can get it as DONE and spend rest of the time during this week to try to get source code control up&running.

If you feel not OK about some positions lets discuss them here - please post your considerations.

Note: in real life product planing discussion/meetings it usually takes several rounds to come to a common set of evaluations but the total number of hours spent on this meeting should be within 4 hours.

Please note also that (most of) the current evaluations (whatever they will finally be) will inevitably change during actual development...

I have also put combined workbook temporarily here:

http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/scrum/nwbl.zip