[dba-VB] Projects vs Solutions

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Nov 18 12:27:23 CST 2009

Hi John

In addition to the comments from Charlotte:

Also, you can either add in your project

Using ProjectOther;

or state this explicitly

ProjectOther.MyFormName someName = new ProjectOther.MyFormName();
someName.Show();

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 18-11-2009 18:57 >>>
OK, this immediately causes issues referencing objects in another project.  For example I have a
"main" project, and a "CSVRepair" project.  The Main project form opens when I run the project but I
then need to be able to open a form in the other project where I gather information about the file
to fix.

The objects in that other project aren't visible in intellisense.

"Normal" opening of a form is done with something like

MyFormName Somename = new MyFormNname();
SomeName.Show();

Well... MyFormName is not valid in project main.

While we are on the subject, what happens if I just need to dimension a class used in project CSVRepair?