[dba-VB] Access FE --> VB: Conversion/Rewrite Time?

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Fri Oct 16 06:24:20 CDT 2009

Hello Dan,

I'd count it as one form/report => 1 day => times 2.5 = that would include
all project costs not only development.
But if you do not plan to change any functionality then it can be done
quicker - here is a real life conversion case's stats online:

http://northwind.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=54924

The estimations were between 45 and 165 hours - just for conversion
development work - average estimation was exactly around the final figure:
~65 hours for 35 forms/reports (with subforms/sureports). Final result is
not "industry strong" - it would need another 60 hours to make it "industry
strong", even more time would be needed to write docs and online help if
needed etc. - all in all it will be 1 day for 1 form/report for such a
simple application...

Of course it also depends on how experienced your developers are, what
architecture your converted system is planned to have etc.